Tuesday, November 20, 2012

the karma king...

Pinned Image


do you ever have one of those mornings where you say i give up!  no?  dang.  well i had one of those mornings today.  apparently i have caused someone some grief because the karma king is ticked and reprimanding me big time.  all i have to say is karma king, i hear you loud and clear.  i'm raising my white flag, you win. 

actually my early morning was fantastic.  well, wait i am remembering a small clue to how my day was going to go.  as some of you know i make my own creamer.  not always sometimes i am lazy, but during the winter months when i am packing on my protective layer making my own less fatty creamer is a must.  anyway, i went to pour it in my mug this morning and it was super thick and kind of glopped out into my mug.  nastafrast!  instead of going the half-n-half and sugar route i poured my coffee over the extra thick creamer, grabbed a spoon to stir it together and drank it anyway.  i should've known at this moment that the morning was going to be rough.

i killed a ton of time, a little too much time, catching up on my virtual games before getting in the shower.  now i have a shower head that comes away from the wall and has a hose so you can spray the suds out of your tub.  you thought i was going to explain a different reason didn't you?  anyways, i pull the shower curtain back, turn on the water and engage the shower.  seems harmless and routine right?  well the shower head mysteriously was turned towards the shower curtain which means i got blasted in the face with freezing cold, leftover from the previous shower, water in the hose.  aah!

my shower proceeded without incident.  i am the only person in my household who showers with any regularity.  i am fairly lazy and toss my towel over the shower rod to dry.  i have learned, the hard way, that my kids do not move my towel when they happen to shower.  since they are munchkins they do not block all the water from the shower head.  i am all wet and go to dry off, my towel that hangs on the inside of the shower is soaking wet.  at this point i remember that my daughter showered the previous evening, hence the wet towel and adjusted shower head.

the rest of the morning rush was similar to a morning drill at boot camp.  short of yelling drop and give me ten soldier i barked out commands at a volume meant for outdoors.  i really did try to gain my composure and recover through a gritted smile, but my ratchets were being incredibly unmotivated turtles.  they proceeded through their morning as if this was their first time going to school.  ugh!

we got in the car (late), me without a lunch (again), and i was in the midst of apologizing for my ridiculous uncomposed behavior when...shit! escaped my mouth.  i swear i had a megaphone secretly implanted inside of my mouth overnight.  i had just spilled half of my coffee all over my coat.  before you even ask, no i don't use a travel mug.  i don't really care for them, but on a morning like today i should've used one.  since i was running late i didn't have a chance to walk my kids into school, i barely slowed down to a complete stop so they could jump, tuck and roll out of the car.  i like to think of this as undercover agent  training.  as far as i'm concerned it is never too early to learn these valuable skills.

let's see by my calculations this is three things that have gone awry; gloppy creamer, blast of water in the face, and sopping wet towel.  if you want to call my drill sergeant interpretation and undercover agent training then we are up to five.  i told you i really pissed off the karma king and he wasn't done.  i'm driving to work still sipping my coffee, but my hand is permanently stuck to my mug due to the sticky gloppy creamer when a very loud ting startles me.  a new window ding, great.  thankfully it wasn't a rock the size of a boulder, but pretty darn close.  now if i had a white towel, tshirt, underwear or bra i would've started waving it out my window hoping that the karma king could see that i've surrendered.  instead i blipped about my ridiculously bad morning.

this evening after my wonderful ratchets have laid their adorable heads on their mountains of pillows and drift away to happy nappy land, i'm going to try this miracle mask that is supposed to destress my skin.  it is only for my face, but i might slather my whole body in it.  lord knows i need it.

The Miracle Mask from www.collegefashion.net

This DIY mask, made of nutmeg, honey, and cinnamon, is calming and soothing for stressed-out skin – in addition, it smells absolutely amazing!
The secret? Nutmeg and honey act as natural anti-inflammatories, which can reduce swelling and redness in skin. They’re also great for soothing acne scars and preventing infection. In addition, the nutmeg and cinnamon also work to exfoliate your skin when you wash this mask off.
Before you begin, it’s always a good idea to do a small test with homemade mixes on your skin to make sure you don’t have a bad reaction to any ingredients. So remember to do a quick patch test on sensitive skin, like that on the inside of your wrist, before applying this mask to your face.

To create the mask, mix 2 tablespoons of honey with a teaspoon of cinnamon and a teaspoon of nutmeg. The consistency should be like a thick paste. After it’s all mixed, apply the mask to your face and let it sit for 30 minutes. Wash it off with warm water, scrubbing softly in circular motion for exfoliation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you see the advertisement below with the leathery old lady? Too funny.

Unknown said...

nope, but that is ironic