Saturday, November 3, 2012

c is for catholics...

i should talk about my cat.  that starts with a c, but his name is oscar.  he was a gift to my kids for valentines day a few years back.  i prefer cats over dogs, but most of the time my cat is just another thing to take care of.  he is demanding (must be fed at 6:00 am), bothersome (always wants to sit on my lap when i have my book there) and full of back talk (he is always meowing at me for no reason).  sorry cat you do not make the cut.

i could say chocolate.  lots of humans, seems to be mostly women, love their chocolate.  almost to the point of obsession.  there is supposed health benefits to chocolate.  it is said to be an aphrodisiac, although i'm not sure it works for me.  on top of it all it tastes delicious.  however, chocolate isn't going to make the cut either.

i am thankful for my coffee.  i have shared my love affair with my cup of joe extensively.  there isn't anything much better than that first sip of coffee in the morning.  i look forward to it every single day.  however i think i have covered my coffee adoration enough.

c is for catholics.
no i'm just kidding. 
Burt's bees lipbalm
chapstick.  i have a small addiction to chapstick. i'm hesitant to call it an addiction, leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but i think my need for chapstick qualifies as an addiction.  i am partial to the burt's bees maroon cap, but i have all kinds in all places; pockets, desk drawer, purse, nightstand pretty much everywhere. 
 
my good friend steve, shared with me that my addiction to chapstick is created because the chapstick actually dries my lips out which makes me use it more.  well i don't really care.  i love how it feels when i put it on.  my lips feel luscious, moist and plump.  who doesn't love that? 
 
anyway, today i am thankful for my chapstick.  it may seem silly, but i would be lost without it close by.  just as my love affair with coffee, chapstick is a close second in the heirarchy of importance.
 


1 comment:

Elizabeth Bray said...

um...so also addicted to chapstick. Have it everywhere! Desk, nightstand, bathroom drawer, car, purse, kitchen drawer. Santa always fills my stocking with new chapsticks! LOL!