Thursday, November 29, 2012

authentic self fail...

 i'm not sure how many of y'all are on a dating website.  probably not many.  my suggestion is you shouldn't, they are crazy.  however i am because i am crazy.  anyway, at the bottom of my profile where you are supposed to say what you would like to do on a first date i have the following whatever we decide to do just be yourself because that is who i am going to be.  may sound silly, but i don't want a show, i want your authentic self.

recently i met a fella to watch the seahawks game.  now i love football and i don't have tv so this was totally cool with me.  i knew pretty early on that this dude was a no go.  bullet points sound fun, let's list them and then i will tell you why...


  • drank too much
  • swore too much
  • chewed
 
drank too much  the game we were watching was a before noon, early in the day game.  as we all know i am a huge beer fan, but not for breakfast.  this fella was putting them back like it was last call.  he commented i take it you're not a big drinker?  which i replied well i do like my beer but it is breakfast time, i'm still working on my coffee.
 
swore too much  i think we are aware of how much i enjoy conversation.  i was unaware that i needed to put a qualifier on this.  i enjoy conversation that is thoughtful, intelligent and without the "f-word" as your adjective for any and every thing.  the sentence structure that goes like this f this and f that and mother f-er is not going to work for me.  he commented you don't swear do you?  well i do, but it is usually when i am really mad or when i have injured myself in some way. 
 
chewed  this isn't a deal breaker for me, but if i have my choice i'm going to go with the guy that doesn't have a tobacco addiction.  let's say you have identical twin brothers, they are both good looking, have a great sense of humor, blah, blah, blah all the attributes you are looking for and attracted too, but one brother chews and the other doesn't.  i'm going to choose the one that doesn't.  i commented you chew?  he replied yeah, is that a problem? while he is spitting into a cup.  i gave him the spiel i just said.  i don't think he cared for my answer.
 
as the game progressed and i was more interested in football than this fella he kept trying to get me to sit closer to him. 
 
come sit by me
no thanks, i'm good
but i want you to sit by me
no thanks and you are kind of bossy
is that a problem
yeah, i can make my own choices
 
clearly this is not a match made in heaven, although i do appreciate that he didn't camouflage who he really is.  i stayed for the whole game. i like football.  as i departed i told him  i don't think i am the girl for you, but thank you for the opportunity to meet you.  my message was received with a blank stare and a yeah, you too. 
 
in this crazy world called dating, i have learned that i am really good at first dates.  i have been on more first dates than i care to recount.  it is the second date part i struggle with.  there needs to be a connection on many different levels for me to consider a second date.  i don't really want to waste anyones time, including my own. 

No comments: