Wednesday, November 21, 2012

m.i.a....

well as some may have noticed i have been mia...right in the middle of my thankful posts.  i was bored with the whole thing, but that isn't why i've stopped the posts.  the real reason, my life took an unexpected turn that has consumed my time.  it went kind of like this...

ring-a-ling, ring-a-ling, ring-a-ling
 
i opened my eyes looked at my phone and it is my boss.  look at the time 11:00pm.  in my drowsiness i'm thinking he has accidentally butt dialed me, so naturally i text him
 
me: did you just call me at 11:00 at night?
boss man:  yes, and i need you to call me back
 
hmm...wow okay.  so i wipe the sleep out of my eyes and call the boss man.
 
me:  hey there what's going on?
boss man:  our office is burning down.
 
 
 
so there you go, this is the catastrophic event that has consumed my time.  as most of you know i work for a small legal firm, small meaning there are three of us, this is the kind of thing that can destroy a small business.  however we have persevered, temporarily relocated and are plunging forward.  as you can imagine there is lots to be done which leaves me completely and utterly exhausted by the end of the day.  i just haven't had the energy to sit down and tap out a thankful post. 

 
anyway, life is getting back to normal just in time for the hustle and bustle of the holiday season. 
 


 
 

No comments: