Sunday, November 18, 2012

just be a bitch...

bitch(:
in the midst of a text conversation with my sister, the words true colors can take some time to reveal was exchanged.  i had text this to my sister and she replied tru dat.  oh yes we channel our inner ghetto every now and then.  i should have replied word but i'm not always on top of my game.

anyway, this has got me thinking.  i know i have touched on this before and i'm feeling the need to talk about it again.  why?  well frankly i'm tired of all the bullshit.  it is exhausting to meet people who aren't who they say they are.  why in the world do people do this?  i am of the belief that you can only carry on a charade for so long and eventually who you really are starts to leach out.

i guess what i am saying is if you are a bitch then be a bitch.  if you are an asshole then be straight up about being an asshole.  if you are looking for money be honest about it.  if you are a control freak great, but don't mask that characteristic with some fluffy word that makes you sound softer.  there is someone for everyone, the bitch will find a man who needs a domineering woman.  an asshole will find a woman who does best serving her man and taking orders with little regard to how she is treated.  if you are a gold digger and want to be taken care of, well good news there are men who want to shower a woman with gifts.  and guess what if you are a control freak there is someone out there who can't function without step by step instructions for life.  see someone for everyone.

now to be fair, i am not perfect and i don't always do the things that i preach.  yes occasionally a flashing neon hypocrite sign hovers over my head.  as far as i know i am the only who actually sees the sign.  i haven't asked for confirmation on this, but i'm pretty sure it is just me. 

anyway, as i was saying, just be up front with you are.  it is so much easier and you waste less time.  i am an over sharer and know that i give too much info from the get go, but i would rather let someone know what they are getting into so they have the option of whether they want to join the party or not.  it seems silly to me to hide certain aspects of yourself, let someone become invested in you and then change your tune.

what's my tune?  for the sake of honesty i am on a quest for love and continually put myself out there hoping that something clicks and sticks.  however, i have a strong tendency to avoid and disappear when i am overwhelmed or not sure how to proceed.  i am not great at sharing my feelings with the important people in my life especially with my own voice, but i think i am getting better at this.  if you are alright with me slipping you a note about my feelings we might be a good match. *wink*


2 comments:

Sonia G. said...

Totally agree. I will never try to fit myself into someone else's ideal again. I'm all about revealing exactly who I am now. I've never done the on-line dating thing. Actually, I haven't dated in 20 years. But my ad would go something like this. "Single 30-something mom who hasn't seen her natural hair color in 23 years. Cusses like a sailor, usually in appropriate settings, but no promises. Enjoys nesting at home, baking, movie nights, hiking, photography, laughing, horseback riding and tropical vacations. Potential mates must love kids, dogs, be at least tolerant of cats. Must be funny, kind hearted, and unafraid to show emotion. Must appreciate that I have a hot Irish temper, and think it's cute. Must think I'm hilarious, love my independence, and tell me I'm beautiful at least once a day. Yes, even when I'm wearing sweats covered in Golden Retriever hair.

Is that really too much to ask? ;)

Unknown said...

sonia...it's absolutely perfect!