Friday, March 2, 2012

typical night...



i had an unexpected night off. 

i did not want to be home alone, but i was also too tired to go anywhere.  i had thought about going to my favorite dive bar, sidling up to the counter and taking long draws of my favorite beer.  being able to sit in a dark, smoky (from the food), loud environment and contemplate my latest dilemma was super inviting.  except i had visions of falling asleep mid sip, falling off my bar stool and landing in a heap amongst the peanut shells and spilled beer.  this vision pretty much nixed that idea, besides i have never been a fan of going to a bar alone. 

instead i went home. i threw on my uber ugly fleece pants, ripped seams long sleeve tee, oversized hooded sweatshirt, fleece socks and my older than the hills down slippers, climbed under two blankets, hunkered down on the couch and watched my show from netflix.  i took a short nap, which rarely happens for me and ultimately went to bed.

while i was laying on the couch my fantasy land came to the forefront of my thinking.  my fantasy land where i am NOT a single gal.  that fantasy where i share a physical space with another adult, a male adult.  in real life i am attracted to highly driven men who always have a gazillion things that have to be done, this isn't any different in my fantasy land.  so, last nights fantasy was how i imagine a typical, kid free or after kid's have gone to bed evening, would be. 

since i am always thinking about clothes, what i will wear tomorrow, the clothes i wish i had in my closet, etc. it should be no surprise that my attire makes the fantasy.  for this typical night i am in a pair of cozy pj's, nothing overtly sexy, but definitely a step up from ugly fleece pants and hoodie.  more along the lines of a fluid pair of lounge pants and a tank, or short sleep shorts and a long sleeve tee...i am always cold i have to have part of me covered up.  hair would probably be pulled back in a pony or bun and if i wore glasses i would have those on too, because i hear that by the end of the day you really just want to pop those contacts out and let your eyes rest. 

there is a scene from the first sex and the city movie where carrie and mr. big are sitting in bed, he is working on something and she is reading.  this is the perfect evening for me.  to share a physical space and be comfortable with the silence sounds blissful. 

carrie and mr. big

i am positive this scenario is in my future.  i will never have out of this world defined legs like carrie.  my room will probably never be that neat (i dump everything in my room).  i'm kind of hoping my partner does not sit all suave with his nightshirt unbuttoned, but sharing a physical space is definitely in my plans. 

No comments: