Thursday, March 29, 2012

blip...

i am not an app junkie.  i am a game junkie, and download game apps, but other types of apps i don't really get excited about.  correction, i do love my starbucks app.  the simple fact that i don't need to haul in my carry on bag, otherwise known as my purse, into the store to purchase a cup of coffee makes me want to jump up and down.  it's the little things. 

even though i am not an app junkie, i peruse the app store checking out all the new amazing and wonderful apps that are available.  my phone could do some really cool things besides play music, text and suck me into silly games, i just haven't taken the time to learn how things work.  so in an effort to be more spontaneous, remember this is my word for 2012, i decided to try a new social media app called blip.me 

it is pretty cool.  you record your voice and publish it.  you only have a limited amount of air time per message.  people can follow you, respond to you, and you can respond back.  it is a lot like any other social media forum, except you can hear the persons voice.  you can also link your voice message to your facebook page or twitter account.  kinda cool. 

now you all know how much i love the written word.  words speak to me, they definitely bring me some sort of satisfaction.  you all remember J, right?  well J is amazing with words.  he is poetic, romantic, and fierce with his words.  i don't know another person who can move me so much through written word.  i definitely miss reading his thoughts, his poems, and his perspective on this world.  J, i hope you are doing well.

here is something you may not know about me.  i love voices, especially men's voices.  deep, kind of raspy voices are soothing and sexy to me.  have you ever been in contact with an amazingly handsome specimen of the male gender?  you know the type that you could sit and stare at for hours?  perfect jaw, hair, eyes, physique, teeth and lips...it captivates you.  what if he opened his mouth and a high pitched eight year old girl voice escaped from those perfect lips?  for me...total turn off.  it wouldn't matter how perfect he was to ogle, if i didn't like his voice i wouldn't want to sit and carry on a conversation with him.  shallow?  maybe, but we all have our preferences.

this brings me back to the app.  with written word you get to put your own inflection, tone, and cadence to the words.  and as good as some people are with their words, you don't always get the point they are trying to make.  so with blip, the author so to speak, gets to recite exactly what they are wanting to say to the world.

kinda cool, right?  i think so.  with all social media, it is a time sucker.  between draw something, pinterest, twitter, facebook, words with friends, scramble, wordfeud, and hanging with friends..i simply don't have the time to voice all my thoughts.  ha!  just think of all the trouble i could get into if i didn't require 8+ hours of sleep?

No comments: