Thursday, March 8, 2012

my mary poppins bag...


michelle, myself (looking like the center for the basketball team), hope, heather, katie and angie

i recently spent an evening with my favorite lake town girls, sans keri.  we got together to celebrate heather's thirty something birthday.  during our super fun night, i was given an idea on a blog post.  i carry a really big purse and it is full of really random things.  most of them i don't use, but sometimes they come in handy.  michelle requested that i list everything that i carry in my purse.  so here we go...

1.  a yellow make up bag.  i received it from my sis for christmas and it has a plethora of lip products.  chapsticks to lip glosses and a mirror.
2.  two pens and a pencil
3.  two packs of gum.  one is empty the other is brand new.  i chew gum a lot.  my favorite kind is 5, flavor solstice.  guess i can take the empty package out.
4.  a grocery list.  i make list after list but rarely refer to them.  i must've been making something good because this particular list has some yummy things on it.
5.  a receipt.  i'm actually surprised there aren't more, just one.
6.  movie ticket stubs.  the vow and the lorax
7.  future of flight tour ticket... this was a field trip with my daughter's class.  very cool field trip
8.  jet city pizza coupon...my mom likes this pizza
9.  my parking ticket stub...P4 in the Hyatt.  this was the most confusing thing ever, but i was able to find my car.
10.  gift cards; target, fred meyer and starbucks i have no idea if any of them work, guess i should figure that out.
11.  an old health insurance card for my kids. 
12.  a box top.  i collect them everywhere, put them in my purse and sometimes remember to turn them in before they expire.
13.  a head lamp.  this i use quite a bit, sometimes just to find my keys in my purse when it is dark
14.  darts, i always carry my darts just in case there is a dart board around
15.  a pad of paper, you never know when you will need to write something down.
16.  a packet of kleenex, thank you mom. 
17.  a bottle opener
18.  a tampon...i am woman of child birthing age

then i have another purse.  yes another purse, this one has it's own contents.

1.  a clown nose.  i used to have two, but i've lost one somewhere
2.  a pink ping pong ball
3.  a rubber severed finger
4.  a lag bolt
5.  a plastic baggie with sunblock, hand sanitizer, and hair stuff
6.  another plastic baggie with more lip stuff
7.  tums
8.  dental floss
9.  a lady bug lip gloss
10.  a mini stapler
11.  a shower cap-unused
12.  lotion
13.  part of a button to my jeans
14.  two green ribbons from a memorial service i attended last year.

as you can probably guess my bag weighs a lot.  sometimes i do notice how much it weighs, but i haven't been able to condense this stuff down.  the weird stuff i keep because it makes me giggle when i remember i have it or run across it searching for my keys. the essentials i keep because they are essentials.  i still have room for more things, like my sweater that i bring but don't wear or a bottle of water.  my mary poppins bag of tricks will need to be replaced soon.  i have a couple of back ups, but they don't hold all my random trinkets as well as this one does.  sigh

2 comments:

Hope Roberson said...

I think I could crawl in there and live for a couple a days :) You may not even notice you're toting around a human in there until I pop out asking for some food!

Unknown said...

surprisingly enough, hope, there wasn't any food in there. i was kind of shocked. maybe i will have to add some so you won't go hungry :)
love you