Thursday, March 8, 2012

somedays to todays....

someday. 
this is a word i find myself saying a lot, i mean a lot. 

someday i will move to a different place.
someday i will be able to take my kids to disneyland.
someday i will get a new car.
someday i will be in shape.
someday i will have long hair.
someday...

the list is endless.  my dream land is full of "somedays"
so how do you make somedays into todays? 

for some this is really easy.  there is a group of people that are "go-getters".  when a go-getter wants something they do everything they can to make that dream come to fruition.  the go-getter sets goals, puts together a plan of action, and then proceeds to accomplish what they set out.   i truly admire this type of person, mostly because i am not this person.

i don't know if there is anything that i have ever really wanted badly enough to do everything in my power to get it.  i seriously lack that inner drive that pushes me to excel.  i tend to take a backseat in the push the forward.  i do have an opinion, aspirations and desires, no shocker there, but there seems to be a disconnect on how to achieve them.

sometimes i wonder why i don't have that?  birth order should have instilled this drive in me...aren't most first borns type a's?  well nature made a mistake because my younger sister got this trait.  i suppose i have some of the traits of a type a; competitiveness, that's probably the only one.  i am competitive to a point, but it isn't the end of the world if i don't win.  don't get me wrong i don't particularly care to lose, but i am not a in the business of killing myself to win.

although i can be rather complacent in achieving things, there is a plus side.  i tend to work well with the go-getter.  i am a fabulous support person, behind the scenes gal, pick up the loose ends type of girl.  however this doesn't help me get to the things that i want, this helps the go-getter get to what they want.

hmmm....

so i am still left with how to make somedays into todays.  there are things that will just naturally happen.  for instance having long hair.  if i continually miss my hair appointments, my hair will naturally grow longer.  i will get a new car when my current car craps out, they really only last for so long.  i talk about getting in shape and someday i will make it a priority, for now i have eight million excuses to keep that goal on the back burner.    
 here's to someday.  someday my somedays will be todays. 

No comments: