Tuesday, February 22, 2011

who's team are you on?

the lights have dimmed and there is an excitement in the air.  on my right are two wiggly nine year olds.  they have on their 3D glasses, they've got their soda, popcorn and candy.  their legs still don't touch the ground when seated in their chairs, but they don't care.  on my left is a mom and her son.  i didn't know they would be there, but i am pleasantly surprised to be able to share this experience with another adult.

throughout the show i cry, i laugh, i hum to myself, i cover my mouth in amazement, i get the chills that only come when you are truly moved.  i lean over and ask the mom next to me, "is it crazy that i have tears in my eyes?"  "i won't tell" she whispers back.  the other mom and i make a couple of snide remarks here and there, but mostly we are enthralled with the show we are watching. 

have you guessed what i am talking about yet?  well let me give you a couple of more hints; signature color - purple, hair flip, can pull off an all white outfit beautifully, instruments - drums,guitar and piano, 16, an overnight sensation.  yep you got it, Justin Bieber.  so forget team Edward or team Jacob, i am completely team Bieber.  i can't believe i just admitted that!  oh my word....

so let's just forget about his music.  you may not enjoy it, i know it because of my daughter, she is 9.  some of the songs are catchy but honestly i can't understand what he is even saying in some of the songs.  i suppose this is because i am not the generation that he is singing to, but his story at the ripe old age of 16 is inspiring.  i personally have not had that much drive or determination about anything in my 34 years.

oh geez, i am revealing so much about myself...i like justin bieber and i have no drive.  how lame am i?  well while i am at it i will add that i can crochet, cross stitch and i have made a snoopy latch hook rug as an adult.  i carry around a ping pong ball (that is pink), a giant screw and a clown nose in my purse everyday.  i am a sucker for a good musical and i love folk music.  so there you go i am a complete dork, but i am comfortable and more than pleased with who i am. 

so if you haven't done so already go see the justin bieber movie, matinee only, and if you can find it in 2D go to that one, there is absolutely no need to see in Real 3D.

No comments: