Thursday, February 10, 2011

mish mash

i have too many things to say and not one cohesive thought.  for instance....i am done with my "beauty spot" smack dab in between my eyes.  i have to say at least it isn't blocking my peripheral vision anymore.  yes i am talking abou the zit on my forehead.  i picked my son up this evening for a big bear hug and he looked at my face then leaned to the right and then to the left and said, "mom, your zit is almost gone." or maybe this, i picked up my daughter and she says to me, "mom i never noticed that your butt is so squishy."  "ummm...thanks sis."  guess i need to keep running.  kids they are just so honest, sometimes i don't need to hear what they have to say.

or maybe that i am sooooooooooooo excited to go to portland this weekend.  yes, im going to portland.  with who?  well with some of my oldest friends, 6th grade hillcrest babes!  we rock!!  three of us, maybe four are headed down to the newest portlander.  all of us under one roof, in a sweet town, sure to be a good time.  i just love these girls.  i wish we could see each other more often, but with one in portland, one in moses lake, one in arlington (ok that is not that far away, but we are both mommies) well we just don't get together enough.  but here is the best part when we are together we have a blast, it isn't awkward because time has passed or takes a while to warm up, we just pick back up like we were together the day before.  i love that i have friends like this. friends that i am comfortable with and they have been through everything with me; puberty, boyfriends, marriages, divorces, kids, everything.  you don't have to worry about putting on your public face,  you can fart and burp and puke for hours in the toilet because you drank too much (this was me the last time we got together, not going to happen again).  the best.

or that i despise making lunches.  from the first week of kindergarten with my daughter 4 years ago, i can't stand it.  i dread doing it every morning.  i get that it isn't hard and it really doesn't take that much time, but ugh, i just can't stand it.  sandwiches, not my favorite, i personally don't really like sandwiches, unless i am at Port of Subs or Quiznos.  my son eats a plain peanut butter sandwich every single day.  the only way he switches it up is if we happen to have hot dog buns and then he wants a "peanut butter dog".  P she is more difficult with lunches, she always wants something different; tuna, turkey, pb&j, pb and honey, cheese and crackers, pita and hummus.  seriously it is so obnoxious, make your own stinking lunch!  chips, fruit, veggies, drink, oh my gosh...it just drives me crazy!!

or this, my son is reading.  i am so proud of him.  he is that kid who waits and waits and waits to do something, because he isn't going to show you he can do it until he knows for sure that he can.  reading...he hasn't been reading and it has been frustrating to me, but i don't push it.  then all of sudden he brings me a book and says, "can i read this to you?"  "sure buddy" and there he goes, reads it front to back no mistakes and super proud of himself.  i looked at him with astonishment wondering when did this happen?  he sat tonight at the table reading his Star Wars book.  when he read something that he didn't know before he would giggle and say, "cool", i just love it.  he is an awesome kid.

sis and i played a card game.  blink.  do you know this game?  it is quick, a speed game, where you divide the deck and you have to match color, number or shape any of the three.  whoever gets through their deck the fastest wins.  well i won all rounds.  no i do not go easy and let her win, she has beat me fair and square before.  so anyway, on our last game i asked her, "do you want to play again?"  she said, "i've been smoked, i'm good for tonight."  ahhh she is a good player, i don't have her by very many cards.

or the fact that i got to talk to my best guy friend ive ever had for hours.  another one of these friends that i know are always there but that i don't talk to often.  i am a 100% positive that if i found myself in some sort of trouble i could call him and he would come get me. no questions asked.  i may have to hear about it the rest of my life, but that is the price you have to pay sometimes. he is a special friend who will always have a secure place in my life regardless of the fact that he always misses my birthday, never says merry christmas, often is too busy to say hi, but i just love the guy and it doesn't matter.

so yep, a mish mash of thoughts.  this how my mind works most of the time.  i am surprised i get anything accomplished, but i do. 

No comments: