Sunday, February 20, 2011

adventures in dating.....

im feeling the need to giggle this morning.  so far my morning has not been good or great.  i had every intention of going to church and then my mood soured and i got frustrated and angry.  i yelled at my kids, they didn't do anything, they were just being kids, but i had this wave of emotions without an outlet.  so i screamed and hollered, cried by myself in my bedroom, wrote a note to myself regarding the reason i was angry and now i want to laugh.  so how am i going to accomplish this, well that is simple, i am going to recap my dating experience over the last year, it always makes me giggle.

so first i must say that i am not a "serial dater" no time; kids, work, friends, family...all takes precedence to dating.  however in my limited time i have met some interesting folks, had some interesting adventures and of course some good laughs.  in an effort to shield my kiddos from the chaos code names have been given, i will be using those code names here.  sometimes the names are just as fun as the adventure.  oh and just so you know the fellas are in no particular order, ha!

dart guy:  i met him through a mutual friend, there is more to him than darts, actually he is a really great guy and we still get together on occasion (once i beat him at darts that may have to end, just kidding).  i was in the middle of my divorce and attempting to date...completely stupid on my part, note to self: you are not ready to date when going through a divorce, don't even attempt it, you just come across as some totally crazy person!  so dart guy, really nice, super laid back, attractive, and easy to be around.  the only problem with him is that he has so much testosterone (being such a manly man) that everytime i was around him my period would start.  ummm....this is NOT supposed to happen, especially since i was on a form of birth control where i didn't have my period and hadn't had it for over a year.  it was completely insane. now maybe with some time this would have subsided, but ultimately i wasn't ready and he knew it and we remain friends. 

diamond knot guys:  another note to self, do NOT under any circumstances go out on a date with a guy from a place that you like to frequent, it just makes the aftermath uncomfortable.  the staff at dk is great, the guys are friendly and cute but they are too young. here is what i have discovered about the youngins (under 30), they are just in a different place in life than i am and seem to want different things from a relationship than i do. 
my first experience was just lunch (remember i have limited time, this was all i had), super funny guy we laughed the whole entire lunch.  a  friend text me later that day, well?????  ummm too hairy!  we laughed hysterically.  so im not really into a full beard, it is just too much hair for me; food gets caught in it, it is a lot of maintenace and well they just smell. 
then there was face licker, we went to dinner. this was by far the most interesting experience i have ever had.  first was the name:  me: "what's your name?  what?  im sure if you spell it i will understand what you are saying."  phew i finally understood what he was saying and then my next question is, "is that the name you were born with?"   from the get go this was a disaster, he was really late, wanted to make out everywhere (just for the record i am not opposed to kissing, in fact i really like kissing but not everywhere restaurant, car, parking lot, oh my word keep your lips to yourself).  then there was dinner, he was nice enough, but the questions he was asking me put me into tears, they weren't negative just brought up stuff that i didn't want to talk about.  then he started ragging on my ex, umm hello you don't even know him shut up.  then he told me, "all you really need is a good sexual relationship."  which i replied, "you are probably right, but i am not interested in what pleases you or anyone else,  im focusing on me."  so we leave the restaurant, get into my car (he didn't have one) and he licks my face!!!  so gross. yeah that didn't work out.
another dk experience has turned out to be a really good friend.  sitting at a table with my friend and this short guy sits next to me.  i am not ultra tall, but i have an aversion to shorter men, i don't want to be taller than them. so we are chatting and he asks me something about going out sometime and i look at him, "you are too short it is never going to happen."  ok that was just rude, but he took in stride.  i have now become his wing man, and he checks in with his latest conquest for my opinion.  most of the time they are half his age and i just laugh at him, but it is very entertaining.

so this height thing brings me to my next adventure 6-10.  first time we got together was for brunch.  i wore the tallest shoes i own knowing that there was no way on earth i would be taller than him.  had a really nice time at brunch.  prior to brunch i had only seen him in my office.  he canceled on me the next two times and then we ended up going to the ocean for the weekend.  i purposely wore flat shoes all weekend, just to see how tall tall is. well it is really really tall.  so i have not discounted him because he is too tall, but so far the timing just hasn't worked.

then there is t-to the-y.  now this is a guy that i have a super fun time with, we have done some amazing things together.  always have a super good time, laugh until our tummies ache, eat great food, see good shows (well i was sitting and staring at the giant butt in my face, but it sounded great), but there hasn't been a romantic connection. my best girlfriends are always asking, "are you sure there isn't anything there?  you guys seem to get along great, you always have fun, lots in common, what's the issue?"  if he wants to chime in here i will let him tell you the issue....haha.  it is a really good story and i would love to share the exact words, but since he doesn't recall saying them i probably shouldn't.  we are coming up on our 1yr. anniversary and will spend it together.  see this is how silly he is, 1yr anniversary of our friendship and adventure together through life.  gotta love a friend like that.

crane guy:  i met him once at greenlake, where we sat and talked for hours out in the sun, that was a really good afternoon.  really interesting guy.  funny coincidence his daughter and mine have the same name.  wouldn't that be crazy???  everynow and then crane guy shoots me a text, we make plans to go get a beer and then the day comes and goes without a word.  i don't know...i have stopped trying to figure him out.  crane guy...what is your deal?

dating is crazy.  as you can see i tend to just go out and break bread with someone and then that is it.  the few who i remain in contact with have become good friends.  i think you know right from the get go if there is something worth pursuing or not.  i do love meeting new people, i think humans are fascinating. 

well i feel better, which was my goal.  time to get something done today. 
cheers

2 comments:

Full-Time Woman said...

Loved this... thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

t_to_the_y here!! i would love to jump in and provide my insight into this "issue", but i'm pretty sure I would need my own blog! then we would have to somehow tie it to your blog, alert all our friends, and share a special code so they could text in their vote... instead let's keep it simple. love ya and can't wait for our 1yr anniversary!! woohoo!