Friday, October 26, 2012

taking the initiative...

sensual
an employer wants their employees to be creative, think outside the box.  parents want their kids to see something that needs to be done and do it without being asked.  lovers want their partner to initiate sex. 

so who in your relationship is the initiator?  how do you show your partner you are turned on?  do you get tired of being the one to get things going?

in a new relationship the signals seem to be harder to read.  i'm going to have to go way back so that i can explain this better.  back to my married days. 

me ex and i did not have the most active intimate life.  we slept on opposite sides of the bed and stayed on our respective sides.  there was no random snuggling, spooning or legs touching.  the signal was very subtle, a touch of the feet.  when his foot traversed across the expanse of cotton and found mine, i knew what he had in mind. 

i feel like i am a very loving, touchy person with my partner.  i love kisses.  passionate kissing, a plethora of little kisses when we are snuggling, a kiss hello, a stolen kiss when no one is looking.  i love kisses.  i often have my hands on my partner, i like skin.  running my fingers on his arm, his hands, his leg, whatever, i have this incessant need to touch my partner a lot.  i am a big snuggler in bed drape my leg across his, mold my body against his, an arm across his chest you name it i want to be close. 

i guess you could say that i like being close to my partner, but that doesn't necessarily mean i am always looking for some nooki.  (who came up with that term?  it always makes me giggle.)  the line seems to be blurred to me, how do i show him i am wanting more than the everyday snuggle? 

i'm not super comfortable being the initiator.  probably because i don't know how without feeling silly.  am i supposed to use my words hey babe, you wanna _______?  or maybe i'm supposed to stand in front of him stark naked with a thumbs up?  maybe a note with a check yes or no?  or maybe i'm supposed to walk up to him and drop his drawers?  or maybe i should slowly undress in a seductive way and make sure he is watching?  or maybe i should come up behind him and reach around to the front of his drawers?  or maybe i should make dinner in lingerie?

is there a right way?  seems like there are lots of different ways, but which is the way that your partner is going to recognize what your intentions are? 

for the record i love a man that takes charge and initiates, it makes me feel sexy and wanted.  and a random tidbit, i wish my rear looked like that gals.

No comments: