Thursday, November 17, 2011

a snippet...

it's been six days since i have written anything.  oh my gosh six whole days.  i have to confess that this is actually my fourth post that i have started since dating adventures part two.  i have many, many unfinished, unpublished thoughts.  some thoughts just aren't big enough to expand on. 

for instance,  i was having an email discussion with a friend the other day about sleeping with socks on...

i have an irrational fear of fires.  i have never been in a house fire, although my parents have, it was before i was born.  i haven't known anyone outside of my parents who have been in a house fire.  where the fear comes from i don't know.  i get ready for bed every night anticipating a fire.  this means, i am dressed to run out of my house and face my neighbors with a shred of dignity...aka not naked.  so in the cooler months i have on sleep pants and a t-shirt, in the warmer i have on shorts and tank top but never do i have socks on.  there is an exception to this, camping.  let's face it, it's just downright cold camping whether you are in a bag by yourself or someone else.  for some reason i feel like my feet need to breathe, which made me examine the life of my feet...

i wake up, swing my legs out of bed and slip my naked feet into a pair of well worn slippers.  only to drown them in my morning shower and shove them back into my well worn slippers.  after several minutes or hours in a fluffy pink cotton do my feet get a glimpse of the outside world and fresh air before they are encased in socks or hose for an unspecified amount of time.  i am always cold so my feet are held captive until it is time for bed where i remove the casing they've been trapped in all day and insert them into a cave of cotton until the cycle repeats itself.  can you imagine if i wore socks to bed?  those poor feet.

anyway, this isn't really a thought to expand on.  i find humor in the conversation but can't find anything else to say about it.  so i guess this will just be it.  short and sweet.  a little bit of humor and a little more insight into my crazy mind.



1 comment:

Hope Roberson said...

Your wording makes me think of sausages :) And I tell Harlan all the time that he has sausage toes. Cort's feet are identical to his, mini sausages, or maybe I should call them lil' smokies :)