Friday, April 27, 2012

fairy tales...

i'm in a sassy somewhat spicy mood thanks to a captivating book series.  i stay up late, really late for me, way past midnight.  i am not a night owl, i tend to retire for the day about 8:30 and read for a while, say to 9:15.  i wake up early, i'm talking way early 4am, with my book tented across my chest.  i'm so exhausted i barely move during my resting period.  when i crack my eyelids open and look at the clock i let out an exasperated seriously, why am i up?  but i know why, it is to continue my current obsession.

i wish it was the weekend and i didn't have any plans so i could cozy up and devour the series.  i haven't been this captivated since the twilight series, which i read in a few days.  this new series is delicious, steamy, and erotic. i can't get enough of christian grey or his leading lady anastasia steele.  i find myself replaying (in my mind) parts of the book.  for instance i was in the elevator at the courthouse the other day and all i could hear in my head was there is something about elevators...  to say i was flush stepping out of the elevator is an understatement. 

in both of these series there is a fierce, passionate, and unrealistic love story unfolding.  i seriously doubt that i will be captivated by a vampire anytime soon.  that a nonhuman force will steal my heart and soul claiming me for the rest of my earthly life and beyond.  yeah, i don't see that happening.  i also don't see myself being a relationship with such a complicated and dark man as christian grey.  always having to be on my best behavior, with my guard up, and walking on egg shells is not in my plans.  besides i'm not really into some of mr. grey's favorite past times, this is not to say that i've tried them, just guessing they are not really my style.

what i would love from both of these fairy tale relationships is the passion, the devotedness, and the feelings that engulf me when i am reading their story.  come on who doesn't want intense passion?  who doesn't want unconditional love?  who doesn't want to be swept away in an unconventional whirlwind romance?  i do and i'm not embarrassed to say that i want, crave, desire and hope that this is in my future. 

No comments: