Friday, April 13, 2012

every day face...

you know what i think would be interesting?  if i took a picture of my face every day for one year.  no make up, no fancy lights, just my face.  i am curious how much it changes in a years time.  aren't you?

i look at myself everyday.  i don't inspect myself everyday, but i look in the mirror every morning to put on make up, fix my hair, a final look before i walk out the door.  i don't notice the small changes that occur gradually throughout the year.  can you even imagine how horrifying it would be to actually see yourself age everyday in the mirror?  i guess this is why we don't notice the minute changes.

when i look at pictures over the years i can see that i have aged, but when exactly did that happen? 

so here is what i am thinking starting this weekend i am going to start taking my picture every morning out of the shower.  so i will be fresh faced with no make up.   my hair will be slicked back and wet.  it will be me in my purest form.  i will collect all these photos in a folder and look at them in one years time.  maybe by this time next year i will have advanced in my computer skills and will be able to put together some sort of montage of myself? 

i think this will be interesting.  what i should do in conjunction with this photo process is keep a daily journal.  record my stress level, my mood, significant events, hours of sleep and maybe what i ate.  i know all of these things contribute to the aging process.  not only would it be interesting but i might be able to adjust some things to slow the process. 

the more i roll this around in my thoughts the more i think i will be doing this.  woohoo a self improvement project.

1981


2011

No comments: