Wednesday, January 25, 2012

winter butt...

jello. a concoction of water, sugar, artificial flavoring and gelatin.  it is squishy yet holds it shapes unless it gets warm and then it melts, but it isn't a frozen treat.  it jiggles and dances on your spoon.   you can cut it into shapes or put it in a mold.  jello comes in a plethora of flavors, my favorite is strawberry-banana.  jello is good.

dimples.  indentations on the surface of your skin.  usually found on the cheeks or chin.  this is a genetic trait.  both my kids have dimples in their chins.  ash's is more prominent than p's, but they both received this feature from their father.

cottage cheese.  an unstrained, unpressed cheese curd product. you can get it full fat, mid fat and fat free.  when i was really little i remember this kid at daycare who loved cottage cheese, but only ate it like a dog out of the bowl.  it was a digusting process to watch and turned me off, i refused to try it until later in life.  despite all of my food texture issues, this salty cheese treat is one i enjoy.

how come all these things are yummy or cute unless you are using these words to describe your butt?  my  winter butt can be described by all of these words.  it is squishier than i prefer similar to jello.  depending on the way i am viewing (i do look at it sometimes) it, it can resemble a cheese curd product and there seems to be a few extra dimples besides the two that are always right above my buttocks.

sigh

i think we all, men and women, know where we carry our weight.  when i pack my face and don't exercise at all i add extra layers to my butt and thighs.  this is a pretty common place for women to carry extra weight.  if that extra weight could fill up my deflated breasts that would be nice, but i haven't been that fortunate. 

i know what i need to do, but seem to lack the inspiration, drive and motivation to get off my ass.  i should start running, my group of peeps is running the st. patty's day dash again.  i could use my bosu.  i could add some more vegetables and remove some pepperoni.  maybe add a little mattress dancing?  oh wait that would mean i have a consistent man in my life, scratch that.  i could do lunges up and down the hall at work on my forty two trips back and forth from my desk to my bosses desk.  do i get extra points for doing lunges in heels? or maybe i should just do nothing. 

there is a scene in the movie eat pray love that is sticking out in my head....



so there you have it.  what exactly is my plan of action?  i have no real concrete ideas.  i do know that i am not pleased with my current butt situation and that action is necessary.

No comments: