Thursday, January 26, 2012

inadvertently sexy...


 heels
lingerie
pencil skirts
cigarette pants
a fitted sweater

it is fun to be a girl!

i am a girly girl.  i love all the make up, futzing with my hair, dressing up, and feeling sexy.  however i am not the girl who wears all the latest trends, or looks jaundiced from too many trips to the tanning salon, or needs to apply/remove their make up with tiling tools, or has a punch card at the plastic surgeons office.  i am comfortable in my own skin and i don't think i need too many enhancements.

i work in an attorney's office.  i am required to dress professionally.  i dress pretty conservatively, but i have been known to jazz it up a bit.  today is one of those days.  i will describe my outfit so you can get a visual, i have on a cream crew neck cashmere sweater, a wool pink a-line skirt to the knee, gray (or grey) fishnet stockings, gray heels and a gray and cream paisley scarf.  the fishnets are my jazz, but there isn't anything overtly provocative about this ensemble.

it could be.  stay with me for a sec.  i could be wearing my wonderbra max that adds two cup sizes (we all know i could use some help in this area of my figure), a skin tight, low cut, scoop neck bandage inspired dress that barely skims the top of my thighs, my gray fishnets and a pair of sky high stilettos.  do you have an image in your head?  i do.  this woman is oozing sex.  which i must say is not really office appropriate, or at least not in my office.

so i put on my facebook status this morning in heaven....grey fishnets and grey heels.  this seemed like a pretty benign statement for a thursday morning, but i am wondering if my status is showing up differently on other computers?  you know, somehow morphing into exhausted from a long night of hooking, can't wait to take of my fishnets and heels.  if you are getting this message it is completely bogus! 

so i am here to tell you that it is possible to wear fishnets during daylight hours and not look trashy.  i actually own four pairs; black, gray, purple, and nude.  depending on what you pair the stockings with will depend on how sexy or demure your ensemble will look. 

just for fun here is a snippet from the sexy fishnet clad ladies of burlesque...

No comments: