Saturday, July 28, 2012

dear reproductive system...

dear reproductive system,

i understand that i am a woman of child bearing age.  however i have no plans of birthing more children.  so as much as i appreciate that you prepare a nice cozy environment for a human being to grow and then slough the whole mess out, could you limit your nesting to once a month.  i am all about putting in my time, but twice a month is a little overkill. 

thank you,
flo

i have this fancy app on my phone that tracks my cycle so i can better plan, but...there's always a but isn't there?  either it isn't very accurate or my body just does what it wants to.  i would like to be able to rely on the technology.  how convenient would that be?  hey babe, we've got two days then i'm out for the next 4-5.  it would probably help to have a babe to tell that too, but my time is coming.  no pun intended.

i suppose i should be grateful.  i usually try to look at the positive of every situation and believe it or not there is a positive here.  at least i am not late.  or worse not going to need any lady gear for the next 9+ months.  that would be positively bad.  as i stated in my letter, i have NO plans of birthing more children.

as crazy as this sounds, this isn't the first time this has happened to me.  a couple of years ago i had this same problem.  they kept coming closer and closer together and then it was constant.  doc put me on estrogen to put my "system" back on track.  that was a horrible experience.  i was an emotional roller coaster; crying, laughing, crying, laughing, angry, crying, laughing and repeat.  one month of that and i had had enough.  thankfully it was long enough to "reset" me.  really hoping i'm not headed that direction again.

fingers are crossed...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

TMI!!!

Unknown said...

dear anonymous,

there isn't a TMI in my book.