Thursday, July 26, 2012

in an -ump way...

hump, frump, jump, chump, bump, lump, plump...

 
these were the words i had written on my facebook page wednesday morning.  not only did they rhyme, but all the words held some meaning to my thoughts, mood and appearance for that day.  my wonderful facebook friends added to these six words with other -ump words.

hump

i had posted these words on "hump day".  there is not a lot, a little or any in between "humps" happening in flo's world.  this isn't necessarily a bad thing, but seeing as how i am missing the component of a significant other to "hump" with it seems to be glaring at me.  a sign in neon lights right above my head for any onlooker to see.  or maybe one of those red circles with a slash through it type of sign.  yes i am lacking the after glow.

frump

if you read yesterday's post you will know that i am sporting a gut right now.  it doesn't matter how tall i stand or sit, how hard i suck it in or if i am wearing control garments that gut is still there.  this is contributing to the "frump".  i am truly the only person who would even consider my current state "frump", but i am harder on myself than anyone else will ever be.

jump

this is something i want to say to my children.  i want to tell them to "jump" and they will say "how high?".  lately they have been unwilling to participate in daily basics and it is driving me bananas.  i kind of feel like i am treading water just enough to keep my nostrils above the surface.  a little "yes ma'am" from the ratchets would be nice.

chump

probably no surprise to the reference and really doesn't need to be explained.  i wish i could lay the "chump" card, and bow out for awhile.  i would never actually do that, but it is an enticing fantasy that plays out in my head.

bump

"bump on a log" is what pops into my mind.  my two "bumps" have names that end in -ton.  they are lazy with a capital "L".  alright it is summer break, which means staying up later, sleeping in, lounging all day.  oh how i wish i was on summer break, it sounds heavenly.

lump

i almost got to see a "lump" on someone's arm the other day.  i love all that weird medical stuff, must be because both my parents were in the the medical field while i was growing up.  the human with the lump decided they didn't know me well enough to let me see the lump.  bummer!  i'm still curious about the "lump".

plump

i was sifting through pictures on my phone and came across raspberry pics.  i've got to say those raspberries from biringer farms were the largest, plumpest raspberries i have seen in a while. a few weeks ago the kids and i went to the everett farmer's market and they didn't even come close to being as plump as our jam berries were.  they were so beautiful.  i'm glad i have a picture.

 so there you go, an -ump way in a nutshell.  i suppose it doesn't really fit in a nutshell per say, but often times those common idioms make no sense at all.

No comments: