Friday, December 23, 2011

peyton




Peyton is ten years old today.  when you are kid reaching that two digit age is so huge.  the next big milestone will be teenager-hood.  i am definitely not ready for that and want to savor the next three years.  in honor of my daugther i would like to write her a little note.

sis,

today is your birthday.  you are 10!  i can't believe that you are already 10, where did the time go?

you came into this world a week late with a head full of dark curly hair, the smallest mouth i have ever seen, perfect toes, perfect fingers and a voice bigger than your whole self.  you were so small, long, but small.  when i held you for the first time our hearts connected and i haven't let go.

for the first twenty months of your life it was just you and me.  i would spend all day holding you.  i just wanted to watch you, hold you, play with you, make you giggle, rock you to sleep, and soothe you when you cried.  there are days i wish you were still that small so i could just hold you.

guiding you from infancy, through toddlerhood, and to the young woman you are today has been trying, rewarding, exciting, and exhausting, but by far the most exciting adventure.  there is still so much to teach you, but the truth is you are teaching me.  you are continually teaching me to speak my mind, be in the moment and be a strong woman.

one day sis you will leave my home and create a life for yourself.  i can't wait to see the amazing things you will do.  your drive, stubborness, fearlessness, and precociousness will be the driving force behind whatever you do.  all i have to say is watch out world.

i am so very proud to be your mother. 

happy birthday beauty. 
i love you
mom

1 comment:

AMYOUNG32 said...

I love your honesty in all of your posts but this one had me in tears. You spoke for me when you wrote this, this is how I feel about my childrem. You my dear, are a very loving mother and I know you feel lucky to have your beautiful kids in your life but they are just as lucky to have you as a mother. I don't see you or speak to you often but your words speak loudly to me as to what kind of a mother you are.