Monday, December 5, 2011

dear santa....

i have the wedding march lingering in my head.  i catch myself humming the tune.  i know i am humming audibly and wonder if those around me think i am getting married?  because really why would any woman randomly hum the wedding march if she wasn't planning on sashaying down the aisle?  well i am not getting married, i don't even have a beau in my life, but the tune keeps escaping my mouth.

so random....or is it?

we have entered that time of year that encourages coupling.  cold nights meant to be spent cozied up with that special someone by a fire, on the couch, in your bed or all of them in no particular order.  this time of year is very romantic, way more so than valentine's day.  you know that ridiculous holiday that oozes manufactured love?  anyway, hollywood has put many dreamy, sappy, romantic moments in my head that happen during this time of year.  for instance, sleepless in seattle...oh my word, love.  falling in love with a voice, taking a giant leap of faith and meeting at the top of the empire state building.  completely ridiculous but uber romantic. 

i am pretty sure my children have asked santa to bring me a man for Christmas.  why you ask?  well let me tell you.  i am smothering them in hugs and kisses.  pretty much mauling them every second i can.  i adopt this super annoying high pitched nasally voice and say, "give your mommy a kiss."  both of my kids cringe when i do this, but they tolerate me.  ash always wipes me affections off.  i tell him he is just rubbing them in, but he hasn't bought into that concept yet.  peyton is a trooper and most of the time loves the attention as much as i love giving it, but sometimes she needs to appear "cool" and can't have her mother draped all over her. 

on these quiet chilly nights when the lights are low, the kids have gone to bed and i am sitting alone my mind wanders.  i am pretty much doomed.  there is a slight chance that my fantasy life will come to fruition, but i am hopeful.  i am guessing there won't be a man to unwrap on christmas morning but maybe there will be a man to unwrap christmas night...just kidding.

No comments: