Tuesday, December 20, 2011

hecklers...

i am coming up on my one year anniversary of tapping out my thoughts for anyone to read.  it is kind of  scary to let whomever into my head, but it doesn't seem to stop me.  well it stops me a little, there are many many thoughts that don't get "published".  i've got to have something that is just mine.

first i must admit, i never expected anyone to want to read my thoughts, this is simply my release.  i am not that interesting.  i consider myself to be your average girl next door with a couple of quirky characteristics.  i am a very routine oriented person who basically lives the same day over and over again.  occasionally i run into a snag that gives me "material" to write about. 

writing is actually quite hard, there are lots of things i think about.

1.  how to best convey my message in a coherent and cohesive way?  this is actually really hard for me.  i tend to be very scattered in my thought process.  i remind myself of a person with ADD in regards to my thoughts.  i jump from topic to topic and back again with no rhyme or reason.  when i am actually tapping out a post i cut and paste and cut and paste several times, rearranging things so that it flows or "flo-s".  haha...there is my randomness at it's best.

2.  am i offending anyone?  i don't really pay too much attention to this because i think i make it very clear i am speaking from my own experiences.  i do not claim to be an expert in any field, except for maybe being me and even then i struggle with that.  i have never said i know the answers or the right ways to go about things.  i simply share how i am feeling about a certain thing whether or not it is justified or warranted.

3.  am i ready to defend my position?  sometimes the answer  is NO and then it doesn't get published.  so yes, whatever i actually publish i am ready to defend.  my reasoning may be the most whackadoo, irrational, cockamamie position ever, but i wholeheartedly stand behind it.  i am not afraid to look like an idiot, unless of course you are talking about singing in front of an audience and then i am terrified.

4.  have i checked my grammar?  my spelling?  yes. i do this repeatedly.  i use my spell check.  i also preview my post in a pop-up page as it would appear for others to read.  however i still miss stuff and that drives me bananas!  when i find errors even in old posts i go back and fix them.  you might find it funny to know that when i am typing i say each word out loud.  so how do i miss whole words or add ones that shouldn't be?  i don't know, i am not perfect is my only reasonable answer.

last but not least...

5.  the hecklers.  this is my audience.  there are people who read my blog religiously.  i know this because they tell me.  i can honestly say that i start a new topic everyday, but i don't always finish one everyday.  i work.  i have kids.  i have a life outside of my blog.  there are times when i don't post anything for days on end.  this is where the hecklers heckle through emails or texts "um did you forget about your blog?"  no.  i'm just not done.

at the expense of sounding cocky, which those of you who know me a little or a lot know that is totally not my personality, i might be at the high end of mediocre with this writing bit.  i am too scattered to put together more than just a few paragraphs about a specific topic, but i really do love the opportunity to express myself.  as long as i have a thought to expand on, a minor mishap to share, a man to swoon over, a fantasy to divulge, a broken heart to nurse, or just a good rant i will keep writing.

No comments: