Thursday, September 6, 2012

presence...

for the past two weekends i have shared my physical space and filled my time with a certain gentleman.  i can only speak for myself, but i have thoroughly enjoyed his presence.  there is a sense of comfort, security and ease simply from having another adult in my presence.  it definitely helps that i really enjoy being around him, he is easy on the eyes and has an enormous zest for life. 

i'm kind of surprised at how quickly and easily i have grown accustomed to his presence.  clearly someones presence has been missing from my life and i am eating it up, gorging myself on the feeling.  it is just so nice to grab a random hug, an unorchestrated kiss, share a meal, curl up on the couch with an arm wrapped around you, or listen to anothers breathing in the middle of the night.  there is a different pulse in my home when there is another adult present.

unfortunately that presence is like a fantasy or dream.  it is short lived.  considering the newness of our time together, it is inappropriate for me to have him present when my kids are there.  this means that i will have to go two whole weeks before i can see him again.  will this prove to be too much and not worth it or will the separation spurn extra desire?  i haven't any idea, only time will tell. 

i am definitely hoping that there is more to come.  i truly don't want the last two weeks to be just that.  however the boundaries, restrictions and guidelines that govern my everyday life make the initial stages of a special someone challenging. 

dear (going to remain nameless),

you entered my life unexpectedly.  sometimes those random happenstance meetings turn into meaningful everlastings.  i cannot predict the future, nor do i want to, but i hope that our time together is not short lived.  i am looking forward to more adventures, more firsts, a deeper knowledge of you and more time together.  hopefully through copious amounts of strength, stamina, patience and communication our "relationship" will grow. 

yours,
h

No comments: