Thursday, May 31, 2012

putting my best foot forward...


my whole body falls apart when i run myself down.  here's my situation.  i am coming off of an emotionally and physically draining week.  i am exhausted beyond belief.  i haven't been sleeping, have only eaten small amounts, have traipsed all across the county from activity to activity, and pretty much exhausted all my reserves.  i am literally operating on fumes and coffee.

with all the stress of life, i have what my friend bethy refers to as pizza face.  put your imagination caps on and visualize a pizza, maybe just the pepperoni part and place that over your face.  i have zits, not big ones, but i would beat a teenager in an acne throw down today.  oh my word, how can a woman of 36 still have zit problems?  i didn't even have them that bad when i was a teenager.  in the middle of the night i googled an overnight cure.  so here is what it said, (can't remember the source because it was the middle of the night) juice half a lemon, soak a cotton ball in the lemon juice and dab it on the affected area.  so a word to the wise, lemon juice on a pimple is a very uncomfortable feeling.  it stings like you've just brushed up against nettles.  i will say that they look much better this morning than they did prior to the treatment, but i am not sure if it was worth the sting.

i have bags under my eyes that i'm positive will hold all 85 tubes of lip gloss i own.  i'm not kidding.  i am sure there is remedy for this too, like tucks wipes, but i use cream.  oh yes, having children wreaked havoc on my body and i am still plagued with hemorrhoids today, not currently but often enough to keep the cream on hand.  i wonder if the cream works the same as a wipe? where do those bags come from anyway?  at least they aren't dark circles, puffy i can semi handle.

in between every cup of coffee i am downing a giant slurpee size glass of water.  i have brushed my teeth twice today and i have chewed multiple sticks of minty gum, but i still have the driest, cottoniest mouth around.  i swear i have been stuffed with sawdust and it is wicking every ounce of moisture out of my mouth. 

so far i've just mentioned my head!  i am usually 5'8", but today i am barely hitting 5'7".  pretty sure my osteoporosis spine is making an appearance today.  my legs have that second day lift burn, not sure where it is stemming from since i haven't lifted weights since...oh... 2010.  thankfully i am not rocking cankles or water retention through the gut.  gotta look at the bright side, right?

anyway, i'm at the end of my week, my stress level has reduced dramatically, the overload of activities are through and i am ready for some rest and relaxation.  ha!  mothers don't get breaks who am i kidding?  i have one more long restless night ahead of me, but maybe i can catch up on my sleep the next day? 

No comments: