Wednesday, February 11, 2015

S3...


today is national  satisfied staying single day!  since it is the week of valentine's day, one of my least favorite holidays ever devised, i thought i would make you aware of the lesser known holiday of S3. according to daysoftheyear.com here is the purpose of S3 of:

“No one to walk with, but I’m happy on the shelf”, sang Fats Waller. If that’s you, there’s a perfect day to celebrate. And you don’t have to be “through with flirting”, either…

Seen by many as the antidote to Valentine’s Day, the international day of the singleton may be a strange occasion to mark. But Satisfied Staying Single Day, or S3, is less about chasing a dream of happily-ever-after, and more about living life in the moment – a cause that even couples can embrace. And unlike St Valentine, with his cutesy satin hearts and overpriced roses, S3 remains reassuringly un-commercial.

i'm not going to so far as to say i am satisfied staying single, because i still date and i am still looking for that special someone to share my life with, but i do have to admit the longer i am single the less of a priority it becomes.  i am at the point where i don't need anyone to take care of me, i don't want to have more kids, and i don't need a daddy for my kiddos.  basically this leaves me in the position where i can be picky about who i entangle with. 

last year i spent the valentine's weekend in portland with the girls.  out of the many trips i've taken to portland that was by far one of my favorites and most memorable.  you may remember that was the weekend i split my pants wide open.

this year i plan on helping my friend move into her new house.  i am a little jealous, i can't wait for the day i announce i am moving into a new place.  i plan on seeing some other friends, hopefully catching up on the lastest happenings.  and on the actual eve of valentine's day you will most likely find me watching a movie on my couch, eating chocolate covered gummi bears, and maybe drinking a red wine from the bottle, just because i can.


No comments: