Wednesday, February 4, 2015

broken in half...

i love when i receive a gift that the giver has put some effort in to.  something that is just for me. maybe i've asked for it or maybe they think i will love it, or maybe they know i will never get it for myself, but really want it.  whatever the case, if you have put some thought into it, chances are i am going to love it.  the following story will explain just how much i cherish the act of gift giving. 

two years ago for my birthday, my dad and stepmom, sam, gave me a cute jewelry box on my birthday.  in the box was a really pretty cross necklace.  i don't recall ever asking for such a necklace, but my dad proudly said, "you asked for one of those sideways cross necklaces when we were christmas shopping."  hmmm...okay.  so i put it on and haven't taken it off.  my necklace and i have been through a lot the past two years. 

had some great trips to portland:


watched some football:


done quite a bit of running: 



spent time with friends: 
beer tasting with my buddy kent
aquafest 

a night with the girls and too much tequila
my sista and i at "the cabin"
leavenworth
leavenworth

shreddie and i in leavenworth

went on adventures with my kids:

sushi date
afternoon at the beach
deception pass
goofing off
a chilly day at the waterslides
3D movies
camping at lk. wenatchee
zoo fun

 had some overall good times: 

poking fun at a dumb holiday

just another day at work
won tickets to the mariners game, thank you DK
   
pouring beer at a festival for DK
holding babies

and spent lots of time in the sun:  



 



but all of that has ended.  last night i had on a hoodie and was trying to change into my cozies. somehow, i hooked my fingers underneath the chain while i pulling my hoodie off and snapped the necklace in two.  i found it lying on the floor in a sad heap of chain.  "oh no!" passed my lips while i picked up my beloved necklace.

i know it can be fixed, but i am feeling a little naked today.  i have instinctively reached for it several times today, but i come up empty handed. times to get my necklace fixed and have some more adventures.






No comments: