Thursday, January 3, 2013

tu me manques...




tu me manques
 
a french phrase that means you are missing from me.
 
i found myself on the phone this morning.  for those of you who know me, i am not a phone talker, but there are times when it is absolutely necessary.  this happened to be one of those times.  a very good friend of mine was needing an ear.  i really didn't have the time, but this friend would've done the same for me.

to be honest i was dumbfounded and have been trying to process what i was told with the bit of information i was given.  it is easy to come to my own conclusions with only pieces of the puzzle, but i am not so foolish to think that i have a solution or even a grasp of the situation.  as i sit here absorbing the content of that conversation this french phrase is really resonating with me. 

there are times when we choose to be completely vulnerable with another human being.  we share our hopes, dreams, insecurities, and fears with them.  we feel it is safe.  i think as humans we all crave that safe haven.  but what happens when that person betrays you?  that person whom you have let visit the darkest corners of you.

in this instance the friend who i was speaking with has been betrayed by the one person they let explore their darkest corners.  this friend is now left holding pieces of a life they don't recognize.  there isn't a way to put them back together that makes sense.  i have a scene that is playing in my head, one that i have experienced at times in my own life and i feel this phrase encompasses... 

 sitting on the floor
surrounded by 1,000 pieces
small bridges connect
gaps emerge
but cannot be filled
you are missing from me
 
tu me manques
 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, been there. Still doing that :(

Unknown said...

no good. :(