Sunday, January 6, 2013

delete, delete, delete...

according to the all knowing singlehood gods, if you are single and looking between now (january) and march is the optimal time to find your partner.  apparently since us single folk have just spent another holiday season pining for a partner, we kick it into full swing to find that elusive person to spend the next holiday season with. 

hmmm.

i find this a little ironic seeing as how yesterday i deleted, yes deleted, my online dating profiles.  i did say profiles, plural.  i have been on at least one for the past three years.  as i have mentioned before i have met many nice men but only a handful that i would be interested in seeing again. 

there are a couple of reasons for the deletion but the biggest one is simplify.  yes, my word for 2013.  if you have never been an online dater, let me just tell you it is a huge time sucker.  i think we all have a need to be wanted.  i am no different.  i get completely wrapped up in checking to see how i rate among the throngs of single women out there.  silly i know.

so my plan, which falls directly in line with my word of the year, is to simply focus on myself and kids.  reduce the amount of time i spend looking for a suitor.  i have to tell you for my first full day not being on display has been very calm.  i haven't even had the urge to look.  clearly it was time for me to delete.

i am on the road to a simpler life.  yahoo.

No comments: