Thursday, February 9, 2012

expose yourself...

You don't write songs, but you write word, you open up your feelings, exposing them to the world, and you don''t know how they will be accepted, but you do it to release them from inside you so you can not let them eat you up. It takes a lot of guts to do that and really it takes enough security on your part to let them go, whether you think you are strong or not I believe you are because most people can't lay themselves open like that for all to examine. 


sometimes i get the most amazing messages. i have said that i wish i could view myself through someone elses eyes. i think that this is one way i get to see.  thank you for sharing this with me.

i wholeheartedly believe that everyone i meet has something valuable to share with me or me with them.  i am not sure i share anything of much value, but occasionally i have a gem worth cataloging.  i truly love hearing people's stories and life experiences.  i am always so honored to have earned someones trust to let their guard down and be vulnerable.  for the record, i can keep things to myself (and my journal). 

i think the key to personal growth is to listen, to share, to be vulnerable.  be willing to make mistakes (some of them may be huge) and learn from them.  take risks, i am not so good at this, but i suppose dating is risky in and of itself.   i hope that i never know myself completely.  that i will continue to grow and discover more facets of me. 

expose your true self.  sometimes the hardest person to really see is ourselves. 

No comments: