Tuesday, February 21, 2012

despite my empty mouth...

despite my empty mouth
the words are in my mind

this happens to me all the time.  i have something important to say, but i can't coax the words out of my mouth.  i am much better at thinking of what to say than actually saying it.  how does this work in the world of "good communication"?  well it doesn't.  it doesn't work at all.  good news...i'm getting better at it. 

i also have this problem when i have my "filter" intact.  when there is a hail storm of words i want to fire at someone but bite my tongue and keep them to myself.  i am having one of those nights.  as much as i want to fill you in on all the juicy details i am going to keep the words in my mind and the mind of the person i phoned to get it off my chest. 

speaking of the person i phoned.  i have to give a big shout out....thank you!  i have a couple people in my life who are always there.  day or night, i can count on them.  the friend i called tonight has been through a lot with me, yet is still there.  i can call this person when i am really struggling and say just talk to me, say anything, i need a distraction.  by the end of the conversation my "end of the world" moment is over and i am laughing my sides out.  i am so very thankful for this person i am not sure where i would be without them.

i guess there is a fine line between what should be said and what shouldn't be said.  i am still learning this lesson.  i may not ever really know.  this may be one of  those things that is a trial by error or walking blindfolded through a maze.  maybe if my mouth is empty it is for a reason, one i don't quite understand, but one i should pay attention to. 

the two opening lines are from an adele song, first love, from the album 19.  i really like this song and figured i would share the inspiration for this post...


No comments: