Thursday, August 16, 2012

my dream writing place...

10 tiny houses you'll love big time (© Diana Lorence)
tiniest house in the woods...only 144 square feet

would you live here?  there was an article on www.msnbc.com about living in tiny little homes.  this particular home is in california somewhere and two people actually live here as their permanent residence.  two people in 144 square feet of actual living space.  sounds kind of cramped, but i do love the idea of reducing my carbon footprint on the world.

if it was just me; no kids, no pets, no commuting to a daily job or any other variable that would require me to coexist with other humans regularly, i would... not live here.  pretty sure i couldn't make this my permanent residence, but i could see this as being a perfect writers escape. 

yes a writers escape.  when i grow up i want to be a writer.  if i was fortunate enough to have a dwelling instead of just a room to write in, this little haven in the woods would be it. "woods" really means i can still see my regular house through the trees.  i don't want to be that far removed.  there are some details that would have to be worked out; internet access so i could upload my drafts, electricity i'm good with roughing it but i would need to be able to cook, run my computer and have lights, and indoor plumbing, being able to drop trow, settle onto the porcelain throne and then flush it all away is a small luxury in life.

i can visualize telling my honey i'm going out to the cabin for a few days, going to knock out a couple hundred pages. 

this would be my place only.  absolutely no children, no spouses or visitors of any kind.  it would be filled with all the things (material items) that bring me joy, provide inspiration and is conducive for optimal creativity.  my haven would always be stocked with my favorite eats, delicacies and beverages.  i can see an oversized chaise with the softest yummiest blanket to curl up in.  oh and that fireplace would be functional, i would have to master fire building skills, but i am sure i can manage.

maybe someday.  a girl can dream.



No comments: