Friday, August 17, 2012

a public disclaimer...

as you know i choose to live my life very publicly.  i share personal things about myself through this blog, facebook and on other social networking sites.  i choose these formats for a couple of reasons.  one, writing clears my head and helps me visually, as well as mentally, process my feelings, ideas and thoughts.  two, i enjoy it.

as my reader base grows.  haha, just saying that sounds funny to me.  as if to suggest i am all that and a bag of chips.  i'm really not, i'm just your girl next door with a lot on her mind and a need to get it out of her head.  anyway, having more readers means that there will be more who disagree with what i have to say.  i truly welcome all opinions because i know that i get stuck wallowing in my own thought process and cannot always see clearly, but...(dramatic pause)... you knew there was a but coming, huh? 

i am surprised that strangers take any opportunity they can find to attack another human.  clearly i am speaking about a verbal assault (i would throw down if it was face to face) and generally not even with their own voice but through written word.  sent through a private email or what have you.  wouldn't it be great if virtual attackers would stop for just a minute and ask themselves  would i say this to their face?  if the answer is yes by all means express your thought, but if it is no maybe it is better left unsaid or better yet, reworded so it isn't so abrasive.

this is my public disclaimer...this is just for me.  i am not, nor have i ever, claimed to say anything life changing, or come up with a new thought, or even an idea that nobody else on this planet has thought of.  this is more along the lines of a diary of my own experiences in life.  more importantly a tool for me to grow and catalogue my highs and lows.


for those of you who read my blog, thank you.  i am truly humbled that you take the time out of your busy day and life to see what i am up to.

cheers,
flo

No comments: