Friday, February 22, 2013

my top three...

have you ever noticed that valentine's day happens to be in the unsexiest time of year?  winter!  a season of hairy women who are still hauling around their holiday weight.  who's brilliant design is this anyway?

there are some plus sides to NOT having a significant other on valentine's day. 

1.  i do not have to go through the transformation from woolly mammoth to hairless cat.  i've dutifully been growing the hair on my legs, pits and other places protecting my delicate skin from the harsh winter weather.   okay it's not that bad, i can't let my pits grow out that is just nasty, but i will admit that my leg hair can blow in the wind and the "other" places are....seriously i can't tell you that, but woolly mammoth is a stretch however i am far from the hairless cat. 

we seem to be in an age where we are determined to excessively groom our body hair; nose, eyebrows, mustaches, ears, arms, legs, backs and even breasts. it is kind of ridiculous how much money and time we put into maintenance.  not to mention that removing this natural hair hurts like a mother.  if you've never had a waxing of any kind, any where, you should go do it before you ask that someone else do this treat for you.

let's make this clear, i'm not saying that we should be au naturel sporting 'fros in places usually covered by clothing.  one should not need bigger undergarments to cover excessive hair growth.  i'm thinking though that we wouldn't naturally grow body hair if we didn't need it and maybe, just maybe we've gone a little overboard on the whole hair removal trend?  to be honest, i like my man (when i have one) with hair.  there is something really creepy about being with a hairless man, he seems prepubescent. 

2.  i haven't had to diet and desperately attempt to shed the mounds of holiday sweets and savory treats i've consumed from thanksgiving to new years.  if i'm being honest my eating hasn't really slowed down.  i am embarrassed to admit that i weigh the same, right now, as i did when i was pregnant with my second child.  i refuse to buy bigger clothes, but i've got to say my current wardrobe feels like it is trying to kill me slowly by suffocation.  it is very unpleasant. 

instead of waiting, like i've done every year up to now, for spring, to quickly ditch my protective winter layer in time for the dreaded swim suit season, i have already started.  it takes a whole lot for me to drag my uncooperative body off the couch.  this time of year i would much rather curl up in a sea of blankets with some munchies and watch endless movies or read copious amounts of books.  so here is what i've been doing.  i'm still reading but i am walking up and down my stairs book in hand.  man it takes a lot of effort to walk stairs.  i have roped my kiddos into doing a little exercising in the evenings.  let's face it, it is easier to exercise with company.  i have even started running again, but only when it is warmish and not raining.  i only run on freezing cold rainy days for the st. patty's day dash, which is quickly approaching.

3.  number three is directly tied into number two.  since i haven't been dieting, the thought of pouring myself into a slinky sexy number makes me want to vomit.  the idea of dimpled upper legs, the strings on my skivvies getting lost in a roll, my bat wings flapping oh and don't forget my costco sized muffin top wrapped up in ribbons and lace is too much for anyone to bear.  thankfully, this valentine's day, i didn't have to scar anyones brain or damage anyones vision including my own. 

instead of a sexy number i donned too big (quickly becoming just right) fleece pants, a ripped up, stained sweatshirt complete with hood on, crazy patterned fleece socks, full coverage skivvies, a holey stained long sleeve tee shirt and my wrist brace.  yeah baby, it's a hot look. 

well there you go my top three reasons why being single can be a good thing on valentine's day. *wink*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you're just as gorgeous as ever. Next week you'll be posting some pic of your short skirt and fancy stockings.

Oh and TMI on that first part.

Unknown said...

oh anonymous...TMI? puh-leez! there is no such thing. fancy stockings...probably, short skirts...not so much. hopefully the gorgeous part is correct.