Friday, January 31, 2014

would you ever...


awkward moments.  we have all had them, at least i hope you have had them.  seems like i have my fair share of awkward and bizarre moments.  a recent moment has stuck with me and i have been hesitant to share this publicly.  why?  well because it is just so weird and i still can't believe it happened.  i have shared this moment with a couple of friends and a couple of strangers to get some perspective, and we all came away with the same sentiments...totally weird.

i had met some friends out for a drink after a really long day of work and studying.  one of the friends had one too many so i drove this friend home.  when i got to this friend's house, i had to use the restroom, so i followed my friend in and went into the powder room.

pause for some background information.  i don't like closed rooms, i can't remember a time where i did.  i rarely close the door to the bathroom at my home, even when i have company.  powder rooms are notably small, and small closed rooms are less comfortable than a large closed room.  so knowing this about me you probably aren't surprised that i didn't close the door all the way, i left it cracked.

i'm sitting on the pot, going number one, when the friend comes in.  that in and of itself is kind of weird.  just because the door is open, doesn't mean i want company.  i suppose one could argue that a closed door is the universal sign that i'm unavailable, but does that then mean an open door means come on in?  i suppose that is something to ponder for later.

anyway, this friend comes in.  what happens next is the awkward moment.  the moment that i still can't believe happened.  the moment where i went what is happening?!  

this friend does not use the sink.  the friend does not look in the mirror.  oh no, this friend enters, takes a couple of steps towards me, then straddles my lap and plants a giant kiss on my lips.  for some reason, this friend decided that this is best time for a kiss.  this moment when my pants are around my ankles, thighs are exposed, and my bare butt is pressed against the cold toilet seat.  really?

so what do you do, when you have another human straddling your lap and kissing you?  if you are me, you kiss them back so that the awkward moment ends and then ask your friends would you ever do that?

11 comments:

Hoops2244 said...

Male friend or female friend? You may have purposely left that part out?

Unknown said...

@Hoops2244...purposely left out.

Anonymous said...

Potty time is private time. And that's true even for an existing relationship, much less a nonintimate passer by.

Anonymous said...

Do you leave the door open at home with the kids in the house?

Anonymous said...

bowm chicka wow wow

Unknown said...

Yes, I leave the door open at home with kids in the house. The only time I close the door, at home, is when I'm attending to "aunt flow".

Anonymous said...

I'm betting most of the male audience is thinking, if it is 2 hot thigh-gap babes like those depicted in your blog pic, go for it. I'm just saying. LOL

8 said...

I think its totally odd and I would never sit on someones lap in the bathroom WHILE they are peeing. Weird.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

@andrew...yes sir, i believe you are correct in your hypothesis.

Unknown said...

@banjo unfabulousness, weird indeed. i'm so glad i am not the only one who thinks this! thank you for stopping in. cheers