Monday, August 12, 2013

right for right now...



sometimes i feel like i meet the "right" person at the wrong time.   which i suppose ultimately means they aren't the "right" person forever, but maybe just for that time in life.  

my plate is full.  i am a full time mother running my kids all over tarnation.  i work outside the home four days a week.  i have a full social schedule.  i am also in the process of registering for school for me.  my "free time" is pretty much nil, at best a few hours a week.  this doesn't leave me with much time to nurture a new relationship of any kind, let alone a romantic relationship.  however, a romantic relationship is something i crave.

 is it okay to be involved with someone just to fill the void?  
 
i have always thought no.  why devote your free time to someone when you know it isn't going anywhere?  i'm not getting any younger and i would really like to start the next chapter of my life with someone, but damn it's lonely.

which brings me to D.  i really did enjoy every single second i spent with him, however we are wanting different things, living on different planes and there was no indication that our continuums would ever meet.  i was finding myself frustrated.  through the frustration my interactions, when they weren't what i was wanting, were becoming short, curt, and miffed.  this is not exactly the feelings or reactions i wish to have towards someone, which is why i told him this wasn't working for me.  wouldn't you know it that's the last i've heard from him. 

here's the thing about filling the void with a just for right now, it makes the void seem even bigger.  when there's no future there's no reason to share or get to know each other better.  there's no real connection.  my official opinion is this...tying up your time with someone you don't foresee a future with makes you unavailable, blind and shut off to the right person at the right time. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Agree 100%, I finally met the right person two days before a job offer moves her 300 miles away......I like your thought though!! Just for right now will never work because as you said you may be shut off from the actual one when you meet them!! good luck out there, its tough being thirty something and single.

T.R. said...

Reminds me of a T-shirt I saw on a guy holding a baby in Costco that read: "I'm not Mr Right, but I'll F*!# you until he shows up".

Maybe that's how he got the baby? who knows.

Unknown said...

tyler...thirty something and single (with kids) is waaay harder than twenty something and no responsibilities. are you still in contact with your "right one"??

Unknown said...

T.R. that's a horrible shirt!!