Thursday, April 9, 2015

an enhanced happy...

i am ridiculously happy.  you should be prepared for an overload of mushy-gushy, sappy posts for awhile.

so i started this, just those two sentences, on march twenty-seventh.  ridiculously happy really isn't how i'm currently feeling and i'm not full of mush-gushy, sappy thoughts, but life isn't terrible.  sure i'm having crazy dreams; two nights ago i was playing catch with my pet alligator.  the alligator was jumping around my living room like a chihuahua.  it was really weird.  oh and my son is struggling a bit with school, but we will turn that around.  my last quarter of school looks like a doozy, hopefully i can keep my GPA up.  and my heart feels bruised, but bruises always heal, right?

often times i've said happiness is a choice. i can recall several times i have said this to people who are in the dumps.  sorry about that, what a terrible thing to say. when you are in the throws of sadness it is hard to think of anything happy, but it is possible.  it is all about changing your perspective. instead of focusing, in my case obsessing, about the things that are going wrong, you have to start thinking about all the things that are right.

i feel like i have to do this exercise a lot, but every time i do i definitely feel better about things.  so here goes nothing...

first and foremost i have the best friends and family any guy, gal, land creature (minus sloths i don't like those), sea creature, or alien could ask for.  they share in my misery (for a second), share their true and honest opinions (some of those opinions are like taking a fist to the gut), then encourage me to pick myself up and rejoin my life.

not just life in general, but my life.  
you wanna know why?  
my life rocks!   

how is it not possible to be happy about wonderful people?  
but wait there is more...

i am in good health.  we often take our health for granted.  shoot, i have a sister who is missing a finger and mother who has battled and won her battle with cancer.  every day i wake up without any major aches or pains. that is definitely something to be happy about because i know lots of people, my age, just trying to get through the day with minimal pain.  i just started my "soft training" for a marathon i am registered to run the end of september.  a marathon?!  yep, i'm going to cross it off the bucket list this year.

besides being in good health, i am aging well.  i know looks aren't everything, but heck it helps my overall ego to be able to look in the mirror and say not too shabby, flo

i have the ability to go on tons of adventures.  i get out there and do things, except riding bicycles i don't really care for that so much.  i have a ticket to go see a comedy show, i just have to pick which one.  i will be sitting in a large comfy booth all by myself but i don't care, i'm going to laugh my sides out.  i'm going to hike more this year.  i have the shoes, the packs, and the will it is time to explore a little more.  i do need some new ideas, so if you have any throw them my way. 

changing your perspective is hard.  i will probably still falter and have a down day here and there, but overall things aren't so bad.  time to rejoin my life. 


1 comment:

Justin said...

Mount Pilchuck, Lake 22, Heather lake. Are all great hikes. Plus there are quite a few up near Mt. Baker.