Friday, May 2, 2014

stewards of my nitty gritty...

i am struggling with people.  it is probably my own fault, but maybe if i talk it through it will make a little more sense.

i have a really solid core group of friends.  they include women and men from different parts of my life. their presence in my life ranges from everyday to i've never met them in person, but i trust their opinions and their friendship implicitly. they have shown me, time and time again, that they can be trusted with my nitty gritty.

these select friends understand every cryptic blog post, facebook post, and other social media posts.  they don't need me to fill in the blanks because usually i have already talked it through with them.  for the rest of the world, i understand that sometimes i share things without all the information which leaves a story full of holes like swiss cheese.  sharing my stories while maintaining someone else's anonymity, as best i can, is often times tricky but necessary.

here's the ironic part of sharing publicly in a format such as a blog; as much as i want to get something off my chest, because i think it is relatable to others, i don't always want to talk about everything little thing with everyone.  that may sound funny because i have basically started the conversation, but generally speaking, by the time my thoughts have made it this far, i have talked it to death and have dealt with whatever the subject is and moved on.  i suppose that makes me a conversation nazi, but i kind of get to do that, this is my blog.

anyway,  i guess what i am really getting at is this, if something comes across as cryptic, it is that way on purpose.  by all means ask questions, but please don't get offended if i choose to not share anymore.  just like anyone else, i share what i am comfortable sharing.

on a side note: i wish my lips looked like this...


1 comment:

8 said...

I can totally relate. It's your blog, it's your world: share what you want.