Friday, April 8, 2011

leather & lace

i went to bed with mascara running down my face, my lids overflowing with tears, burning red eyes, snot dripping from my nose and shivering. seeing as how i was freezing, even with all that emotional turmoil i was frozen to the core from standing in the rain at soccer practice, i wore my super ugly but extra warm scottie dog red fleece pajama bottoms and long sleeve white tshirt.  it is a good thing i sleep alone it wasn't a pretty sight.  i wore myself out crying and slept like a rock until 5:15 this morning.

i was having this glorious dream about matt.  i reached over to the other side of my bed and well he wasn't there because oh yeah i sleep alone.  then i woke up.  disappointed at the emptiness of my bed, my frumpy don't get near me i'm a cranky old witch pajamas, and the fact that it was 45 minutes before i really had to be up i decided that i was going to have a super awesome day.

how was i going to do this?  well, it is a frame of mind, a choice to sluff the negative, be happy and rejoice in all the good that i have going.  relish in the blessings.  remind myself of the things that bring me joy and live for today!  come on thursday show me what you got!

first stop...coffee.  the selection of my mug was crucial today.  i picked the big pink mug with the ruby red sparkly shoes on the front.  pink is my favorite color and someday i will have a pair of sparkly ruby red heels.  i poured my coffee into the perfect mug and cozied back up into my bed, still in my i'm not interested in men pj's, but i've added a giant pink terry cloth robe.  i read a bit, my book is interesting but i am done reading it.  i don't really care what happens to the characters, i am bored with their story.  i still have about 70 pages, maybe i will finish it tonight.  then i facebooked for a bit.  it is always interesting to me to see how late people stay up and the random stuff that is posted in the hours when i am sound asleep.

7:00 am...time to hit the shower.  second step to having a great day is to hack down the forest that is growing on my legs.  one of the benefits of sleeping alone is that you don't have to worry about smooth legs, but today i was aiming for a hair free day, well body hair that is.  shave, loofah, shampoo and condition all under an extra hot steamy shower is a nice addition to having a super day.

time to put my face on and get dressed.  today i needed to wear something that reflected my spunk, my joy of life.  my clothes needed to be creative, unexpected and artistic, oh yeah you can do this with clothing.  start with matching undergarments...something black, something lacy, a little edgy.  okay maybe not edgy, i am going to work and need to be comfortable, but lacy and black i can do.  i stood in front of my closet staring at the plethora of skirts, dresses, blouses, t-shirts, sweatshirts...hmmmmm.  i decided upon a black lace skirt, turtleneck, boots and tights and topped it with a tobacco colored motorcycle leather vest.  i added burnished gold jewelry and a belt.  this was the perfect outfit, sassy, flirty, lots of texture, cool color palette, feminine with a touch of edgy. 

mission accomplished...i had a super awesome day!

clothing can put me in a mood anywhere from sexy to frumpy.  of the outfits i wore this week, thursdays was the best.  this morning i tried on 5 different outfits, i didn't like any of them, but i had to wear something.  i don't like what i ended up with, the top is horrible.  i don't care for the color, the styling is fine, but the color is blah.  the sleeves are too short and i am fidgeting with them, ugh!  so, i will be adding this top to my pile of things i am donating.  another week down in the ol' clothing challenge.  i am hoping for some decent weather next week so i can wear some of my springier clothes. 

april 4- april 8
monday:  brown and cream tweed skirt, cream turtleneck, giraffe print scarf, brown tights and boots
wednesday: gored jean skirt, gray t-shirt and tights, purple vneck cable sweater, black boots and gray and black zebra scarf (wool sweater in april?  anyone else see a problem with this?)
thursday: black lace skirt, black turtleneck, tights and boots (gold zipper on the outside), tobacco leather vest
friday: black cami, tights and boots (with strap detail), denim pencil skirt (i've worn this already), tan surplice knit top.

No comments: