Monday, August 11, 2014

when will i learn...

i'm grumpy and tired
sick of many things
been feeling out of sorts
and although i can pinpoint
the angst
it's not fair to share details
because like always
it doesn't involve just me

so i will share just the thoughts in my noggin

i don't want to be your bandaid
your rug to wipe your feet on
your cheerleader to make you feel better
your cozy place to rest your head
or your nurse to ease your pain

unless you are all of those things for me

all relationships are give and take
if you are always giving
you feel used
if you are always taking
you should feel guilty

when will i ever learn
probably never
i am always going to be someone
who shares what i have to give
to the people around me
regardless of the type of relationship
we share
i simply don't know another way
to be me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What is that quote......? If it no longer serves you, makes you a better person, or lifts you up......let go.