Wednesday, June 19, 2013

hung up...



have you ever walked past a door knob too closely, the pocket of your sweatshirt catches the knob but you keep walking because you didn't realize it?  you know what happens next, you are stuck, hung up, then yanked backwards toward the door knob.  at this point you might look around to see if anyone saw you be a complete tard, quickly unhook yourself and keep walking like nothing happened.  this actually happens to me more than i would like to admit. 

hang tight this is actually going somewhere.

i have this guy friend.  he lives in my town, is very good looking (just the type of guy who catches my attention), and on paper he has everything a single gal like myself would be interested in.  there is a small problem, no he's not gay, he is hung up on the gal he used to date.  which basically makes him unavailable, unapproachable and unattainable to date, for anyone.

i have another guy friend, who lives out of state, and i completely adore him.  there are very few people, male or female, who i share all the dusty corners of me with, but he is one of those people. so what's the deal?  besides the fact that he is a gazillion miles away, he is also hung up on a gal he used to date.

do you see the recurring theme here?

if you are a frequent reader, you will know that i too have had a man that i am hung up on.  i recently shared my thoughts about him.  my feelings have left me in the same place as my two guy friends, but unlike my guy friends who choose not to date because it is still too raw, i have dabbled on and off attempting to replace him.  i understand that this isn't really fair to the men i've met, but i keep thinking that maybe there is someone out there who is so remarkable that i won't even think about him. 

so.....

i recently met a man who may just be the ticket.  we spent several hours together, even going to a place that my "hang up" and i went to frequently, and my mind didn't wander from the man sitting across from me.  he completely captivated me. could this be a break through?  possibly.  only time will tell.  for now i am happy with my small step forward.

No comments: