Friday, April 26, 2013

oh, joe...



sometimes it sounds nice to break up with my steady, joe, but i quickly learn that i should never have tried to break up with joejoe takes my absence personally and retaliates with a vengeance that would rival glenn close in fatal attraction

joe started his sneaky assault early this morning.  i was so indecisive on what to wear today.  black is always a safe choice and most days i am sporting black in some fashion. i also tend to put something on and keep it on.  today however, i changed my clothes a handful of times tossing each article of clothing that didn't make the cut onto my bed. 

for some unknown reason i have on a khaki skirt.  i am not sure what possessed me to purchase this skirt.  i despise the way i look in khaki anything, but especially bottoms.  i find khaki slacks to be the most hideous article of clothing.  so why would i buy a khaki skirt?  it is a little more flattering, because it fits well, than the pants, but not by much (in my opinion). 

joe altered my tone this morning.  instead of my snow white sing song voice i was barking out orders like the evil queen.  i tried to explain to my ratchets that it wasn't my fault that i was so harsh.  in my apology for my angry tone i rightly placed blame on joe, "i'm sorry kids for being so abrupt, but joe doesn't like it when i try to break up with him."  my apology was met by cocked heads and bunched up faces.  i didn't explain further.

joe also engaged physical pain in the form of a raging headache that spread across my entire forehead.  i winced in bright lights, drank tons of water and rubbed my temples but found no relief.  even taking a couple of ibuprofen did not take away joe's assault.  in an attempt to distract myself from joe's reminders i hit the pavement for a quick run.  now i'm not sure if this was joe or lack of motivation or just simple laziness, but i felt sluggish, out of breath and my head still pounded. 

damn you joe.

to my truest joe,
 
i'm so sorry to have strayed from our affair.  it wasn't you, it was my poor planning.  see i cannot enjoy our time together without some protection.  your essence is so strong i cannot take you as you are.  not to worry i fixed the problem so i can enjoy you from now until eternity (or until i need to make another trip to the store).
 
forever faithful,
flo

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad you got back together with "Joe"

Unknown said...

me too! :)