Thursday, March 28, 2013

behind bars...

 

hello, how are you?  i am not on here a lot due to my current situation (i am incarcerated), but please read my profile and if you would like to give a different type of man a chance, i would enjoy the opportunity to call or write to you....

yep, you guessed it, i reluctantly put myself back on a dating website.  why?  i don't know i was bored.  when i have been on a site in the past i keep my profile hidden so i can selectively talk to who i would like, instead of having to deal with messages like this.

back to the message.

i think of myself as a pretty open minded individual.  i tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, but this has baffled me.  why in the world does an inmate, a person who has been convicted of a crime and is serving out their sentence, get to have a dating profile?

my first thought was man this guy has a pretty good gig going.  he gets three hot meals a day, a weight room, internet access, he probably has cable, and a room to stay in.  let's see i get hot meals if i make them, there isn't anyone preparing my food.  i can't afford to belong to a gym, so no weight room, but i do hoof around two children and schlep all their junk.  with permission from my neighbor i use his internet.  i don't have cable.  we both have a room, there is something we have in common.

then my next thought went something like this what does a different type of man really mean?  does this mean that if i'm down i can learn the ropes and carry on whatever his "work" is?  maybe i can be a drug dealer like Mary Louise Parker in weeds?   or maybe it means that he has been unjustly accused and sentenced and if i just give him a chance i can help somehow?  or maybe he realizes that i simply don't have a great deal of luxury time to date and this would be the perfect situation?  i don't think i am ready for this different type of man.

then we come to the call or write option.  uh, heck no.  somehow giving my address to an inmate does not seem like a very good idea.  lets just say i strike up a "friendship" with this human and then change my mind.  he now knows where i live and lets just assume that his sentence isn't a life sentence.  are you following me?  i've changed my mind about him, he knows where i live and is now a free man.  i don't really want this type of man showing up at my doorstep. 

as you can probably guess, i did not respond this inquiry.  not even to say, "no thank you."  i'm still not sure why inmates get to create profiles on dating websites, but i suppose there are women out there who are into this kind of thing?  i am not one of those women. 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd take you out. Especially if you promised to wear some of those fancy stockings that you've posted pictures of.

Unknown said...

that is work attire....

Unknown said...

oh my goodness, that sounded kind of dirty! i meant, i'm a jeans and tshirt girl outside of work unless i'm going somewhere to be dressed up for. :)

Anonymous said...

Well a working girl has to wear working attire after all. It goes with the job. :) (I didn't get the unintended innuendo until after you replied.)

Unknown said...

You wrote, "as you can probably guess, i did not respond this inquiry." How do you suppose that we could guess? Perhaps more people actually know you in real life who read your articles, and I am in the minority. I was hoping you would say that you did not, but I was rushing to the end to see if I should be relieved or anguished!

Unknown said...

Miko...i was hoping that with the amount of negative comment i had towards this human you would assume that i would say no. see what happens when i assume? my mamma always told me never to assume, apparently that life lesson hasn't sunk in yet.

The Musician said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Wellll, I do see you as a creative writer, and I try to enjoy that part. If you took me for a loop, I'd have to come back and see what happened!