Monday, April 7, 2014

mom, try this...

last week, my ratchets and i went to an indoor trampoline park.  it is that exhausting, hope i don't pee my pants because i forgot to put my pee pad on, kind of fun.  ladies, you will understand this, men probably not, and children definitely not.  something happens in the aging process after having children, but sneezing, jumping, and any other jolt-y activities are a "do at your own risk" kind of thing. it doesn't really matter if you have recently used the facilities or not, sometimes you just dribble.

anyhow, we bounced around for a long time and then...

mom, try this!

my daughter bends herself in half, wraps her arms around her calves from the back, then jumps forward onto her back and pops up on to her feet.  she proceeded to traverse the entire length of the trampoline track this way.  just watching her made me dizzy.

oh my gosh, are you kidding?!

  • how many people are here who will witness me attempting this
  • what if i land on my head
  • hopefully i don't fart
  • i am way too old for this, and
  • man it's fun to act like a kid

after a quick scan of the room, i took a shot at it, intent on showing my kids that i can still do things and i'm not the ancient dinosaur they always claim i am.  i bent over, wrapped my arms around my calves from the back, jumped forward onto my back and low and behold i popped right back up on my feet.  the only difference is i sat back down as fast as i popped up.  i was so dizzy i thought i was going to throw up or at the very least fall down.

my kids can twirl, swing, and flip over and over until they are blue in the face and never seem to get really dizzy. this is not the case for me. one flip on that trampoline and i was done.  i can do a regular somersault on the hard ground and i am just fine.  i can even do this twirly, roll-y thing; you sit on your rump, press the bottom of your feet together, let your legs fall apart (get your mind out of the gutter), grab your feet, then roll to one side.  when you have enough momentum you can roll around the room like that for quite some time and i can do this without getting dizzy.  but a somersault type thing on a bouncy surface sent me into the worst spins i've had since my recent bout with tequila.

anyway, the park was super fun.  i love that i am still able to get out there with my kids and more importantly that they still want to play with me.  stay young, play with your kids. 




No comments: