Monday, January 4, 2016

new stud...


recent text conversation:

me: i want to get my ear pierced again
friend: ooh, lets do it.

well i did it.  

went to pretty funky placed called robot piercing and tattoo in good ol' portland.

see that cute robot?
thankfully my favorite girls were with me.  i made them come in the room with me.  i almost chickened out.  my nerves were getting to me as we waited. 

my piercer, anna, said it will take about three seconds and you will feel some pressure and warmth. 

pressure and warmth...uh
 she started saying a bunch of other instructions and i had to stop her.  although i was trying to listen, i couldn't hear a word she was saying. i was really questioning whether i really wanted to go through with it.  so anna says, "when i tell you to breathe, take a deep breath in"

my last look of fear before we get started
anna told me to take a deep breath.  i did as i was told, i'm really good at following directions, and she pushed.  i immediately said, "HOLY SHIT!" loudly.  then exhaled, just as i was instructed.  see i'm good at following directions.  

there's anna
anna did her thing then told me i could sit up.  it may have lasted a little longer than three seconds and i don't remember any warmth, but surprisingly enough the pain didn't hurt too long.  even now it doesn't hurt too bad.  

see it?  
i now have my tragus pierced, i had to have my friend tell them what i wanted done.  i will wear this silver ball stud for a couple of months and then switch out it out for a diamond-like one to match the other diamonds in my ear. 

to celebrate my new piercing, we tried a new venue called the fireside and i had my first ever moscow mule.  verdict, not only pretty to look at but really delicious. 

copper mugs are the best

  a new stud to start off 2016. 
another successful trip to portland in the books.
more memories made with two of my favorite girls.










3 comments:

8 said...

Love the new stud!

Unknown said...

I love it to Heather!!! You both look so happy to be in the moment your in...the smiles are contagious,,Portland is too lol.

Unknown said...

I love it to Heather!!! You both look so happy to be in the moment your in...the smiles are contagious,,Portland is too lol.